My Products - New to Old

7.01.2008

Crazy Sexy Cancer

So last night my mom-in-law invited me and dh to watch an Oprah she recorded. (Sorry, don't know how old it is.) I guess the topic was about people with cancer, and how they were coping and living with life. Mom really wanted us to hear what a professor with pancreatic cancer had said in a farewell speech to his students, but I was more touched by the first gal, Kris Carr.

She has Stage IV cancer in her liver (and now lungs too I guess). There is no Stage V. I guess she's made a movie, and also written a book. But anyway, I thought her attitude was so amazing. She says that yes, she may die of cancer, but we're all going to die. But have we all truly lived? She says that her cancer has taught her how to live. I can't remember the exact wording, but something she said really spoke to me: We're all waiting for someone to give us permission to live, but it's never going to happen.

Wow! I feel so inspired by her example. Am I truly living? Am I living my dreams? What am I waiting for? It's time to LIVE, not just exist.

No comments: